Wood - Carved and painted horses Brief Overview
My sculpture is dramatic and guaranteed to get noticed. Horse lovers can appreciate the correct anatomy, accurate movement and expression of my "Ponies".
Originally from New Jersey (where the state animal is the horse) and educated at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY, Janet Bailey Burch has adopted Kentucky as her home state. For close to 30 years, she has worked in the horse industry as a trainer, coach, and judge. Art was a valued release from the busy and hardworking equestrian life. In 2000, after being excepted as a juried participant of The Kentucky Crafted Marketing Program, she began selling her "Punk Ponies" at art fairs and trade shows. Now using a balancing act between the horse world and the art world, she has developed a following of collectors from all walks of life who love horses and her unique use of color and pattern.
* Louisville Artisans Guild, Juried Member
* Kentucky Crafted Marketing Program, Juried Artist
* American Craft Council, Member
* Oldham County Arts Association, member
*Creatures and Characters: Works by Kentucky Woodcarvers Kentucky Artisans Center at Berea
* Louisville Artisans Guild Annual Juried Show 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Louisville KY
* KGAC Show at the Lexington Opera House 2003, Lexington, KY
* Contemporary Traditions 2002, Hindman, KY
* Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen Open House 2002, Berea, KY
* Animal Faire Exhibition 2002, Malvern, PA
* LCG/Bank One Show 2002, Louisville, KY
* Kentucky Crafted New Members Show 2001, Frankfort, KY
Artist Website : drawingboardfarm.com